Image Map

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Confessions

1.  This hat – gifted to Beckham from his Nana M – is very reminiscent of the Bunny Rabbit costume from The Christmas Story.  Obviously, Becks felt just like Ralphie when he was forced to wear it. 

097

2.  I woke up three times last night anticipating Christmas morning, anxious for Beck to wake up to see his gifts from Santa.

3.  I have consumed no less than a dozen sausage balls today.  I snag one every time I’m in the kitchen. 

4.  I never knew how much fun putting together Legos are, and receive immense satisfaction when I’ve properly assembled something new with no leftover pieces. 

071

5.  Everyone at my house is sleeping right now.  All two of them.  I’ll let you guess which one went to sleep with a fire truck and a helicopter.

6.  My son had to be removed from the Christmas Eve service at church last night.  He may or may not have been pouncing on his cousin’s dress, loudly exclaiming “Cheesyballs!” while the minister read the Christmas story to the children.  Sigh.

7.  Um, bokeh?  I LOVE IT. 

017   073   078

8.   Santa brought a lot of toys this year that I never thought would be under my Christmas tree.  Star Wars paraphernalia, Lego Ninjago (or something?), Spiderman jammies.  Boys toys = foreign to me.

083

 

9.  Wrapping gifts tops my list of most annoying holiday activities.  Also annoying?  50 degree temperatures.  Hopefully, that just means plenty of snow days in January and February. 

10.  Though I really see no point to it today, I’m off to shower.  Wishing you the merriest of Christmases!!!!!

048

16 comments:

The Taffs said...

Oh my gosh, that first picture is so adorable!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Lauren said...

looks like your Christmas was full of magic! Love this! :)

Miss Kindergarten said...

Obviously you want to shower for no reason in that new beautiful bathroom of yours!

Elisabeth said...

I loved reading this! And I was so totally picturing Ralphie in the rabbit costume! ha Merry Christmas!

Holly said...

Merry, merry - I might be a day late and a dollar short here, but are you from MI?

I'm a Michigan girl myself! :)

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Unknown said...

That picture is priceless! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Gina said...

I have a similar picture of my G in a monkey hat. So so funny.

Missy said...

Duude, we had the hat moment, but Beck's hat is sooo much cuter than the one my daughter (and her 12 year old cousin) were forced to wear!!

Angie said...

Love your post! Christmas Story is one of my family's favorite movies...you're right, he looks just like Ralphie felt!! So glad I found your blog! I'm your newest follower!!

Jamie said...

I LOVE that first picture...so cute!

And on a different note...my cousin {who follows your blog} and I were talking about Will and Kate and the royal wedding and she said that you look so much like Kate with blonde hair!

Nat said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas!! I can't get over Becks face in that first photo- priceless!

Melissa said...

I need to know what kind of camera you have, your pictures are always awesome! I'm in the market for a new one and can't decide. But I want pictures like yours=)
F is For First Grade

Megan said...

EEEEK!! I am so glad that you left a comment on my blog today. Your blog hasn't been showing up in my reader in forevah and so I clicked over her and all kinds of new posts popped up that I've missed. I just thought you'd been busy and didn't have time to blog. AGH! Stupid reader! So it was good to catch up. Also- can I just say that your photog skills are awesome! So glad you all had a great Christmas :-)

Jillian said...

Boy toys are foreign to me too! I have about a million baby dolls though:)

Jenna said...

how do you get your photos to have rounded corners?

Kimberly said...

I just found your blog--I love your photos! Your family is precious. We're sofa twins--except mine's a sectional! :)
Kimberly